Celebrating the Past. Supporting the Future.
Since its establishment 8 years ago, OU-JLIC at Columbia/Barnard has supported many hundreds of students in building and sustaining a vibrant Jewish life on campus.
Even as the university’s pandemic response has continued to alter the rhythms of campus life, our mission has remained the same. This past year OU-JLIC at Columbia/Barnard has:
- Served 1000+ Shabbat and holiday meals, hosting over 250 students and alumni
- Helped facilitate student minyanim and programming under constantly changing conditions
- Learned Torah with over 200 students and alumni
- Regularly provided chicken soup and quarantine packages for sick students
- Answered over 500 halachic questions from students and alumni, guided
multiple students through the conversion process, prepared chatanim and kallot with pre-marital classes, and officiated at weddings.
As we are in our last semester after eight years on campus, this year’s campaign is focused on ensuring that the OU-JLIC program at Columbia/Barnard is strongly positioned to support students well into the future.
We are fortunate to have the Orthodox Union and Columbia/Barnard Hillel as partners and supporters, but the majority of our work on campus is made possible only with the generous support of our community. Your generosity will support the continued strength of the OU-JLIC program at Columbia/Barnard in the 2022-2023 academic year.
If you’d like to give via check, donor-advised fund, or (new this year!) cryptocurrency, or have any questions, please be in touch with Rav Noam (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Please partner with us by making a gift today! Thank you for your support!
-R. Noam and Shiffy Friedman
OU-JLIC @ Columbia/Barnard